Re: NVDA and file explorer

Quentin Christensen

There is an option in NVDA's general settings (press NVDA+control+g) to "show exit options when exiting NVDA".  That is checked by default, in which case my steps should work - if that is unchecked, NVDA will exit as soon as you press NVDA+q, in which case you won't be able to get to the dropdown to select to restart with add-ons disabled.  The easiest way then is to open settings, check that box, then restart NVDA with add-ons disabled.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 2:51 AM Laz <laz@...> wrote:
> Are you running any add-ons?  If so, if you restart NVDA with add-ons
> disabled (press NVDA+q then down arrow to restart with add-ons disabled and
> press ENTER) does that make a difference?

* I tried the above directions to run NVDA without add-ons and all it
did was unload NVDA and nothing else. What's the correct keyboard
command to start NVDA without also loading the add-ons?

laz

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager