Re: Moving between worksheets in XL

Jason White

The Excel documentation indicates that there should be a list of tabs containing the worksheets available by typing F6 while focused on the cell grid. In current Excel (installed via Office 365), however, this didn't work for me: when I pressed F6, the focus remained on the cell grid. Pressing F6 a second time moved to the status bar.

The Insert+F7 NVDA command did work as described elsewhere in this iscussion and in the NVDA user's guide.

Another possibility would be to try Excel under Office 365 for Mac with VoiceOver. I have it installed on my Mac, but I haven't experimented with it. Microsoft's documentation suggests that it should be at least somewhat accessible.

´╗┐On 6/6/19, 16:43, "Sile via Groups.Io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of somodhrain=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Correction, the NVDA microsoft tutorial says that:

ctrl-page up goes back to the previous worksheet and ctrl-page down goes
to the next worksheet.

But this still means that fnKey plus ctrl plus up arrow should in theory
move back to the previous worksheet in my configuration (see below) and
fnKey plus ctrl plus page down should go to the next worksheet?

--Sile

Hello

OK, so I have an unusual constallation of issues and am wondering if
anyone has an answer.

I am trying to figure out how to move between worksheets in XL But ...

1) I am running windows 10 under bootcamp on a mac laptop

2) If I look up bootcamp, it says that page up/down are accomplished on
a laptop running bootcamp by using fnKey-uparrow (page up) and
fnKey-downarrow (page down)

This works in word, notepad, etc.

The microsoft XL tutorial for NVDA says that I can move between
worksheets by using ctrl plus uparrow (laptop) to go back to the
previous worksheet and CTRL plus down arrow to move to the next worksheet.

You might think then that pressing the fnKey plus control plus up arrow
would allow me to move to the previous worksheet and fnKey plus ctrl
plus down arrow would allow me to go to the next worksheet?

But this doesn't seem to work.

Any bootcamp users out there who might be able to help?

Yours,

--Sile