Re: where is user config for add-ins?

Dan,

         I've followed either of the installation instruction techniques noted at the beginning of the NVDA Community Add-Ons Website.  The second paragraph on that page gives a pretty clear set of steps for both techniques.  You have to download the add-in and save it to a location of your choice as the first step.  If you want to use the NVDA Add-Ons Manager that's under the NVDA Context Menu, Tools, Manage Add-Ons.  If you want to use the "select and hit return" that simply requires NVDA to be running once you have the add-on file selected and hit return to install it NVDA starts asking the questions from there.  I find the latter method preferable.

         I have never had to concern myself with where the add-on file that I download is located before installing it.