Re: Adding Time-Stop Marks to Audio Tracks

Giles Turnbull

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier . There is another option that works similarly to the idea of writing down the stop points in a text file, but this has the advantage that you can load the file into WinAmp and, having done that, you can jump forward and backwards as if they were separate tracks.

It's called a Cue sheet and is typically used where you have a single mp3 file, say of a band's full album, and you want to have WinAmp (or whatever music player) be able to identify the track length and title.

I can't remember now whether I had to install a WinAmp plugin to enable WinAmp to be able to pllay cue files (I've used them when necessary for years!), but you could give it a go and see if it works.

I have single mp3 files of Chopin's pianoe etudes Op10 and Op25 which contain 12 etudes in each mp3 file. I have both single mp3 files with their respective cue files saved in the same folder. If I open the cue file in WinAmp it plays the mp3 file as if each etude was a single file.

In the text below (which is the ..cue file) REM is just a remark / comnent. You can tell that the filename points to the mp3 file (saved in the same folder) and the INDEX is the time the particular song / section begins.

I don't know whether the spacing before PERFORMER and track titles are specific, but I would assume the block capital letters for PERFORMER, TITLE and FILE are required.

Not sure if this will do exactly what you're looking for, but it might be another option :)

Giles
What follows is the text of a plain text file called Chopin etudes Op25 (Geza Anda).cue:

REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb3"
PERFORMER "Geza Anda"
TITLE "Etudes Op25"
FILE "02. Etudes Op25_CD2.ape" WAVE