Re: Nvda with cmd

farhan israk

Thank you. I don't want to turn off type word and character. Isn't there any other way to stop it?

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019, 5:42 pm Felix G., <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
Hi,
confirmed. When keyboard and word echo are off, the extra speech goes away.
Background: NVDA cannot hook keypresses in the console, so in order to
provide keyboard echo, it watches for characters appearing on the
trails of the cursor. To put it simply, NVDA is mistaking output for
input. It tends to happen less on fast machines.
Best,
Felix