Re: links

Quentin Christensen

I wrote up a piece on filing issues for In-Process last week, but since everything else I wrote already took up more than I often say, I held it over for next edition.  It's fairly straightforward though, as Luke said, but of course if you get stuck, please do let us know.

I am happy to file issues I can recreate myself (and occasionally ones I can't if someone gives me enough info).  One reason we encourage people to file issues themselves is that when the issue is addressed, often a special "try" build is created to test just that feature - If the original person who reported it is the one who filed the issue, they will see the reply and the link to download that test build so they can test whether it is indeed fixed.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:15 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019, Gene wrote:

> I haven't gone to the trouble of learning how to create a ticket since I have so few issues to submit

Well if you do decide to do it, it is extremely little trouble.

Go to https://github.com, and create an account, which you can do
right on the homepage, by entering a username, your email address, and a
password.

After your account is setup, go to: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

There will be an add an issue button, or similar. Push it, fill out the template
for feature request, submit it, and that's pretty much it.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to search existing issues to see if what you propose
is already out there, so you can read and comment on that instead, but that can
be done from the same place.

Luke

--
Quentin Christensen