Re: Strange affect on NVDA voices after Win10 update on 14 June 2019

Giles Turnbull

I'm no wiser how it happened but the problem has been fixed! I deduced it was either a problem with the soundcard, the soundcard driver or the actual laptop speakers. I plugged a pair of headphones into a USB soundcard and the problem went away. I unplugged the USB soundcard and the problem returned.

So I then plugged a pair of headpones into the laptop's headphone socket to see whether it was a speaker problem or a soundcard / driver problem. The sound was fine through the headpones.

what happened next I cannot explain but the speaker sound went back to how it normally is! I'm delighted that the problem has fixed itself! :)

Giles