Re: Accessible Apps for Writers, Learning NVDA

JM Casey

Libre Office may not have had as much accessibility focus as MS’s Office, but the writer application is certainly very usable with NVDA.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cole
Sent: June 18, 2019 4:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible Apps for Writers, Learning NVDA

Awesome! Thank you for that information!

I'm definitely going to check into that. As an extension  though, do you know if there are any other accessible applications for writers? I know of LibreOffice, but like I said, it's literally been years since I've been on the Windows side.

I've been a magnification user all of my life so far, what magnification it's really not an option for me when it comes to my laptop. It seems like my vision isn't as good as it used to be. So I'm trying to learn a new way of life.

I really appreciate all of your input.

Ambassador - Plexus Worldwide

On Jun 18, 2019, at 12:51 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Bob,

           The laws were changed in the EU, but the licenses can be resold to anyone, anywhere.  I was just trying to give a bit of the history of the relatively new recycled license market.

           There's one eBay seller at the moment who's got recycled Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Plus up for $1.90, and plenty more well under $10.  I gambled with a number of the ones I bought, since losing under $5 if it didn't work and the seller disappeared (by the way, which never happened - I had trouble with one license key and was issued an alternate) was no real loss.

        ~ H.L. Mencken