Re: Extra Talk

Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

You go into the NVDA menu.

On Jun 18, 2019, at 11:38 AM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:

Open nvda menu, then preferences, settings, and then go down to Document Formatting. In there is the reporting of tables which you can check or uncheck. I would create a configuration profile for the particular application you want first and then go in and change the announcement of tables just for that program. This way, tables you might want to know about will still be announced. I've turned this off in Thunderbird as I was getting some table announcements that seemed meaningless to me. Tables are now not spoken in Thunderbird, but they are announced in other programs.
Hope this helps.
Roger

On 6/18/2019 9:46 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Hell oh anybody,

How does one turn off the voicing of tables, columns, and rows on a web site or e-mail? I keep getting something that has tables with one row and one column. No text in there. But it keeps saying the table, row, column info with no real information. I'd like to turn off those announcements and just hear nothing; if nothing is what's in there..

Thanks.

Howard