Re: Accessible Apps for Writers, Learning NVDA

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 05:38 PM, Kendra Schaber wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a better way to check spelling with NVDA?
Spell checking is generally a function of the word processor (or other) program you're using rather than the screen reader.  I believe there have been some third party spell checkers discussed either on this group, or the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group, in the past.  Have a look in the archives for both.

NVDA Group Archive:  https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics

Win10 for Screen Reader Users Archive:  https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topics

Any in-depth discussion of spell checking, unless there is a built-in NVDA function that I'm forgetting about, should occur on the Chat Subgroup or elsewhere.

        ~ H.L. Mencken