Re: Accessible Apps for Writers, Learning NVDA

Luke Davis

Open Office does work, I have been using it for years until I bought a recycled license for MS office a couple months ago, as Brian described. However, I have found recent versions of Open Office Writer to do a lot of freezing up and crashing. I have never been able to figure out if it is an NVDA issue or just that OOo doesn't like Windows 10, but I never had such problems in Vista, 7, or 8.1, or even very early versions of windows 10, with various versions of NVDA and Open Office.
It seems to happen after printing, or after an auto-save.

So I really can't recommend it if there are alternatives available.

Luke

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

How about open office. I have not used that app since 2010 on the mac, but will that also work? Will that work for pc users?