Re: Accessible Apps for Writers, Learning NVDA

Brian Moore

Hi.  I rarely use the spell check function in word but rather have the option turned on to identify misspellings as I type.  Wtih nvda, if I type a word which is not in the dictionary, I hear a sound from nvda.

If I am not sure how to spell the word in question, I can press the application key to get a list of suggestions.

It is also entierly possible to use the actual spell checker in word with nvda if you prefer that method.

I am using office 365 but unless you are on a really old version of word, this shouldn't matter much as this functionality hasn't changed in a long time.

If you really want to learn a lot about nvda, the training materials available for purchase from the nvda online store are well worth the money.

Happy to elaborate on any of this privately.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 6/18/2019 11:17 PM, Kendra Schafer wrote:

Hi all! I'm also trying to learn about NVDA. I'm hunting all over the map for efficent ways to check spelling with NVDA and Word on my Dell Pc laptop computer. I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know if there is any efficent way to check spelling with NVDA? Also, I saw your link for Pro Writer. I have never heard of it heard of it before. What is Pro Writer?

Thank  you for taking the time to read this Email!
Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber
Chemeketa Community College,
350 Org,
Citizen’s Climate Lobby,
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,
Capitol Chapter,
Salem, Oregon.
Home Email:
Chemeketa Community College Email:
Phone:
971-599-9991
“When the student is ready, the teacher  will appear”, Author unknown.
SE.
Sent from my Gmail Email