Re: NVDA and Microsoft Edge

g melconian

Thanks just using chrome as I am already using chrome on my android and chrome OS devices.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Microsoft Edge

Also, at this point in time, there is nearly dead Edge, which isn't worth dedicating any effort on, and being born Chromium-based Edge, which is handled quite well by screen readers, as it is built on the same foundation as the Google Chrome web browser.

If you're interested in Edge, then you are better off using the development version, which will likely go to production in the second feature update of 2019, or use Chrome instead for the time being, as it's so similar.

If you want the direct download link for the Development (Dev) channel Chromium-based Edge, this is it:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2084648&Channel=Dev&language=en-us&Consent=0&IID=0e01823b-e21a-5c47-9974-3e94850ff9d4

That link takes you directly to download, as I've already consented to license terms before copying it.  If you activate this you should immediately have a Save dialog presented for the Dev Edge installer.

        ~ H.L. Mencken