Re: OT. Asking regarding accessible python program compiler

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  You can download Python from www.python.org as it comes with a python interactive shell.  Download and install the latest package making sure it is Python3.  Support for Python 2 will be dropped next year.  During installation, make sure you choose to have Python on your environment's path.  After installation, go to CMD, then type the following:

Python --version and you should get the following output if installation is done correctly

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.557]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\jaffar>py -3
Python 3.7.3 (v3.7.3:ef4ec6ed12, Mar 25 2019, 22:22:05) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

now you can output your first python program

print ("Hello Python")

output:

Hello Python!

Cheers!

On 6/19/2019 11:32 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I can't help you with your question, but I do want to point out that it is not off-topic.  Questions regarding which programs/utilities/etc. are accessible using NVDA are definitely on-topic for this group.  The group description now reads, in part, "Questions about which programs are accessible using NVDA, NVDA add-ons, and configuring Braille displays for use with NVDA are also permitted."

If the discussion were about how to code in Python, what the structure of a JSON file is, or similar, that would be off-topic but would also be perfectly appropriate for the chat subgroup.

I hope that some of our members that are also Python coders will have some suggestions for you.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;