A bit of soundcard trouble

Anne G√ľnther

Hi,
I'm using an usb-soundcard for work regularly, but don't want to send the nvda speech through that.
So I set the soundcard for that to the inbuild one of my laptop instead of "soundmapper". But when I puthe usb-card in, the speech is routed through it. I have to open the option dialogue for the speec engine and confirm that (the soundcard is still like I set it), then it works as intended.
Kind of the same when I remove the Usb-card. No speech until I reconfirmed the dialogue.
Is it me, or is it nvda? :-) And is there a way to prevent it?
take care, Guenni