Re: NVDA and Microsoft Edge

Gene

There's nothing wrong with trying it, but I really doubt it is the problem.  I don't know what problem you had and its possible that I'm wrong that skim reading isn't the problem but the description of what skim reading does is so different that I didn't see the connection.  But if skim reading is on, you might as well turn it off to be sure.  It is a very easy thing to do.

From: Luke Davis
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Microsoft Edge

Gene seems quite certain in the conclusion that there is some deeper technical
problem going on here, so I will withdraw my suggestion. I admit I was not
following this thread closely enough to pick up on whatever he did.

As an aside, I will note that software does not always work as intended
in some system configurations or environments.  For example, a couple years ago,
I experienced a "sticking" effect with skim reading and say all on page load,
that looked very much like what Rayn described. It only happened on certain
websites, and I don't think I was able to replicate it on another machine, but
it did happen, and often enough to be a real pain.

In retrospect, that is unlikely to be what's happening here, it just seemed like
a trivial thing to look into or attempt.

Luke