Re: NVDA is not speaking character or word selection within a cell while I try to edit a formula after pressing f2

Quentin Christensen

Which version of NVDA and Office are you using?  The problem you've described was an issue for a number of versions of each, caused by a change from Microsoft.  It was fixed earlier this year, but if you're running an older build you may still experience it.

If you can't update, the workaround was to open Excel's options (ALT+F, then T), press CONTROL+TAB until the focus moved down to "Advanced", then press ALT+E to uncheck "Allow editing directly in cells".

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 2:31 PM Mohd. Ahtesham Shaikh <mohd.ahtesham@...> wrote:
NVDA is not speaking character or word selection within a cell while I try to edit a formula after pressing f2
There is a huge formula in a cell.
I want to delete part of the formula by selecting and deleting part of that formula.
NVDA does not read while I am selecting the characters and words of this formula.
Can some one guide on this?
This is currently on office computer. Have to check what happens on the home computer.
But need solution for office computer now.

--
Mohd. Ahtesham
From India

--