Re: NVDA WITH EDITPLUS

Richard Bartholomew

Hi,

As the originator of today’s exchange, I’d just like to add that, once I’ve worked out how to use GitHub easily, I’ll either update the existing issue or, if more relevant, create a new one!  However, I didn’t realise there was a potential problem with EditPlus itself since I’ve been using it regularly with JAWS for the past few years and it’s only when deciding to increase my use of NVDA that the issue came to light for me!

Also, just to add that I’ve now upgraded EditPlus from 4.3 to 5 and the problem persists.

Cheers

Richard Bartholomew

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 21 June 2019 12:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA WITH EDITPLUS

Have you also written to the developers of EditPlus?  These issues are often caused by the developers choosing to use non-standard controls, and if they can address the issues that choice causes, it can have benefits for not only NVDA users, but users of other screen readers and potentially other assistive technologies as well.

There was a thread on here a year ago (or a message and a reply at least).  That noted that the review cursor worked to navigate line by line.

There is also an issue on our GitHub issue tracker, and in that there is a request for someone to try a recent NVDA alpha build and report back as to whether it fixes the issue or not.

Finally, if you could please advise where you have left messages, as I can't find any message on any of the places I usually see requests for help.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 8:21 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:

Carlos wrote:

>     I have left numerous messages to NVDA developers about this very issue.

Where? Apparently not on Github, which I think is the only official way to do
that. I found only one issue about this, and it wasn't from you. Still though,
it does touch on Richard's problem.

You and he might want to either comment on this issue, or post a new one with
better detail than this one has.
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8461

Luke

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.