Re: NVDA WITH EDITPLUS

Carlos

Hello:

    Those messages were left a long time on nvda freelist which is now group io.

    There should be a better way to comment on outstanding issues. GitHub looks rather complicated to just leave a simple comment on issues!

    Thank You! For your prompt response!

Have you also written to the developers of EditPlus?  These issues are often caused by the developers choosing to use non-standard controls, and if they can address the issues that choice causes, it can have benefits for not only NVDA users, but users of other screen readers and potentially other assistive technologies as well.

There was a thread on here a year ago (or a message and a reply at least).  That noted that the review cursor worked to navigate line by line.

There is also an issue on our GitHub issue tracker, and in that there is a request for someone to try a recent NVDA alpha build and report back as to whether it fixes the issue or not.

Finally, if you could please advise where you have left messages, as I can't find any message on any of the places I usually see requests for help.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 8:21 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
Carlos wrote:

>     I have left numerous messages to NVDA developers about this very issue.

Where? Apparently not on Github, which I think is the only official way to do
that. I found only one issue about this, and it wasn't from you. Still though,
it does touch on Richard's problem.

You and he might want to either comment on this issue, or post a new one with
better detail than this one has.

Luke

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!

--

Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362 - NVDA Version 2019.1.1