Re: OT. Asking regarding accessible python program compiler

Kerryn Gunness

thanks bryan
but do u no if there is an  accessible programming mailing list?
by this i mean, to learn programming languages

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2019 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] OT. Asking regarding accessible python program compiler

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 04:08 PM, Kerryn Gunness wrote:
what is the chat sub group for programming?
The chat subgroup is for anything, anything at all, that is off topic for the main group.   It has been primarily focused on various technical discussions, but need not be so.

The current NVDA Group Welcome Message and the Monthly Reminder both contain the following two paragraphs.   If the question posed in the second one is asked and answered honestly, you know whether your topic belongs in the main NVDA group or on the chat subgroup:

The NVDA Group has a Chat Subgroup (see: https://nvda.groups.io/g/chat, Group Email Addresses section) that has as its purpose the asking of virtually any “off-topic” question about anything you can think of, including just socializing.  It should be used for exactly that purpose. Only those who are already members of the NVDA Group can subscribe to the Chat Subgroup.  The Chat Subgroup has generally had technically focused topics related to using specific program features.

Before choosing where to post, please ask yourself the question, “Is what I’m about to ask directly related to controlling or using NVDA, or whether a specific program is accessible with NVDA?”  If that can be answered, “Yes,” then post to the NVDA Group, and if the answer is, “No,” then the topic belongs in the NVDA Chat Subgroup.

I think it's pretty clear that questions about Python coding and how to use Notepad++ features are an obvious, "No," when the above question is posed and the advice given followed.

All it takes is asking that question, answering honestly, and posting accordingly.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

~ HL. Mencken

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.