Re: speech dictionary not being honored

Luke Davis

Testing with most recent alpha (17789,e03e6973), I can not replicate this. I even downloaded the previous alpha (from Saturday), and still can't replicate it.
Tried both with default and temporary dictionaries.
Tried with Espeak US British, MSAPI David Desktop, and One Core David.
Windows 10, 1903.

I replaced the word "moreover" with "more sideways" in the temporary dictionary, and "more under" in the default dictionary.

It said "more sideways" until I deleted the entry from the temp dict, and then started saying "more under".

Luke

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019, Dan Beaver wrote:

I noticed that some words I have had in my default speech dictionary have stopped being spoken as I had defined.  I opened the dictionary and looked and the
words are still there.

I tried removing and reentering them, I tried entering multiple versions so that the case and surrounding wording would have no impact, and I even tried
setting the "case sensitive", "whole word" and "anywhere" settings would help.
No luck, it appears that the speech dictionary settings are being ignored at this point.

I am using MS David as my synth and am using the latest master version of NVDA.
An example word is "moreover".  Try it and see if you can get your synth to pronounce it correctly.  It is very possible that this is a synth problem not
necessarily an NVDA issue.  If it is a synth issue I have no idea how to fix this in the synth.