locked Re: Need key commands for gmail

Chris Mullins

Hi Fred

I understand as I am totally blind and my wife does not have a clue about using the keyboard because she can do what she wants using the mouse.  As a blind computer user, I occasionally require sighted help and this occurs usually when for one reason or another, my computer locks up and doesn’t give me any speech output. or I cannot get some information because it is inaccessible to a screen reader.

As for NVDA help, there are good quality tutorials available to purchase if that would work for you or if you have a reasonable level of understanding Windows, you could have a look at the NVDA user guide and command reference guides, both of which are part of the NVDA product.

I don’t know what your grandson has set up for you but the first thing to do is to get your system to start up with NVDA running, so you can get yur computer up and running without sighted assistance.  Are you able to do this?  If not, let us know and the process for setting up NVDA can be described for you.

Cheers

Chris    

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Fred
Sent: 23 June 2019 20:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Need key commands for gmail

Hi Chris,

I am using gmail because my grandson has been helping me And he says that would work the best for me. He doesn’t understand me always using the keyboard and he is not blind so he doesn’t have to.

I will have to find  help with         NVDA.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 11:38 AM

Hi

I don’t understand why you would concentrate on gmail.  You are using the Windows 10 Mail app linked to a gmail account, so you do not mecessarily need to learn gmail commands, as you can already send and receive email.  If you are new to NVDA  and Windows 10, I would concentrate on learning my way around the Windows environment and understanding how NVDA works before looking at the totally different browser based interface for Gmail   

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Fred
Sent: 23 June 2019 14:41

Hi,  I need help on both. What I need the most is gmail as I am new to that also.

For now I will contrate on gmail.

Thanks.

Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:26 AM

Your subject line specifically mentions GMail.  Is that what you want help with or with Windows 10 and using NVDA with Windows 10 or all of those subjects.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 7:28 AM

Subject: [nvda] Need key commands for gmail

Hi I am new to Windows ten and nvda.

Any help is appreciated.

I need to know where to start.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.