Re: speech dictionary not being honored

Gene

Try using the voice dictionary instead of the default dictionary.  That won't explain or solve the actual problem, but it may work around the problem.  You may want to try whatever word you want to add in the default dictionary first and use the voice dictionary if the entry doesn't work in the default dictionary.  But if you know you only will use this one voice, you may just want to use voice dictionary.  But since you never know if you might want to use another voice for some reason in the future, I think its better to try the default dictionary first for entries.

From: Luke Davis
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 2:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] speech dictionary not being honored

Testing with most recent alpha (17789,e03e6973), I can not replicate this. I
even downloaded the previous alpha (from Saturday), and still can't replicate
it.
  Tried both with default and temporary dictionaries.
Tried with Espeak US British, MSAPI David Desktop, and One Core David.
Windows 10, 1903.

I replaced the word "moreover" with "more sideways" in the temporary dictionary,
and "more under" in the default dictionary.

It said "more sideways" until I deleted the entry from the temp dict, and then
started saying "more under".

Luke