locked Re: Need key commands for gmail

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 05:23 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:
the first thing to do is to get your system to start up with NVDA running, so you can get yur computer up and running without sighted assistance.
Or, if it's not, use CTRL+ALT+N to fire it up.   I believe that keyboard shortcut to bring up NVDA is set up by default on installation, but it's been so long since I did a clean install of NVDA I cannot be certain of that.   I have a friend who, by intent, doesn't have NVDA fire up when her machine starts, but starts it via keyboard once things are up and she actually wants the screen reader to be active.

        ~ H.L. Mencken