locked Re: Need key commands for gmail

Sarah k Alawami

in my humble opinion I shut that stuff off, but I've ben using computers for a while off and on since 1989 or so, However I do make sure nvda is started up, I jut nix the keyboard short cut. That's just me though. It does start up and start up and at the log on prompt, do that if you need to enter a password. I know I'm weird for nixing the shortcuts but yeah that's ust me and one moe thign for me to remember.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 24 Jun 2019, at 6:58, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 05:23 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:
the first thing to do is to get your system to start up with NVDA running, so you can get yur computer up and running without sighted assistance.
Or, if it's not, use CTRL+ALT+N to fire it up.   I believe that keyboard shortcut to bring up NVDA is set up by default on installation, but it's been so long since I did a clean install of NVDA I cannot be certain of that.   I have a friend who, by intent, doesn't have NVDA fire up when her machine starts, but starts it via keyboard once things are up and she actually wants the screen reader to be active.

        ~ H.L. Mencken