From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:40 AM
To: NVDA List <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Elements not being reported with NVDA

Hi,
STR:

  1. Take a look at this article.
  2. Note that in every link, NVDA just reports "(opens in a new tab").
  3. However, looking at the source code, we can seethe real link with its description.

What's preventing NVDA from reporting the description apparently is an HTML tag. I searched a bit and could understand it but not enough for explain it here, so I'll just give an example.

Look at this part of the article:
We can show you how to (opens in a new tab).

Now its source code:

We can show you how to <a href="https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/run-chkdsk-utility-xp/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener" aria-label=" (opens in a new tab)">fix file system errors in Windows with CHKDSK</a>. </p>

In light of this, is there any workaround so that NVDA reports the description inside a <a href> tag apart from resorting to the source code of the page?

Finally, maybe this is something that can be fixed in an NVDA update altogether?

Sorry for the long message, but I needed to explain the entire story  before asking my question.

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.