Re: where is user config for add-ins?

Dan Beaver

Well Brian, that is just my problem.

I would rather use the more direct method but my system isn't asking if I want to save or run download. I have tried to find where to change this so it will give the option to run but I guess my brain is not working right now.

In trying to use the other method it says to save the package to the user config folder under NVDA.  I can't find that folder.  I see a system config folder but no user config.

I am running NVDA 2016.1 under windows 10 on a very fast laptop.  Iam running the newest firefox as my browser.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 3/10/2016 4:46 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Dan,

         I've followed either of the installation instruction techniques noted at the beginning of the NVDA Community Add-Ons Website.  The second paragraph on that page gives a pretty clear set of steps for both techniques.  You have to download the add-in and save it to a location of your choice as the first step.  If you want to use the NVDA Add-Ons Manager that's under the NVDA Context Menu, Tools, Manage Add-Ons.  If you want to use the "select and hit return" that simply requires NVDA to be running once you have the add-on file selected and hit return to install it NVDA starts asking the questions from there.  I find the latter method preferable.

         I have never had to concern myself with where the add-on file that I download is located before installing it.