locked Re: using Ublock

Gene

After experimenting further and trying different things, it appears to depend on where you are when the program opens.  I can see what you are describing if I am not in the address bar when the program opens.  If I am there, pressing alt does nothing.  I have the about:blank page open and I am usually in the address bar when the program opens, which explains why I didn't see what you described when I tried it.

Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] using Ublock

Gene,

          While you may be having difficulties, the instruction that ALT throws focus to the menu button in any Chromium-based browser I've ever touched that has one is beyond question.  It doesn't cause the menu to open, it does nothing but throw focus to the menu button at the upper rightmost position on the browser controls.  It even does that in the Chromium-based Edge browser.

          Left arrowing after that will take you, control by control, through what's there, eventually including the omnibar (address box), which is where the traversal by left arrowing hits its end point.

        ~ H.L. Mencken