Re: The Paypal form..

Roger Stewart

I'd very much appreciate this. I just tried to send money to my friend again this morning and I get the same problem. Everything seems normal until after I've filled in the amount I want to send and type in a brief message. Next thing I tab to is a link saying please choose a payment method. It used to bring up a screen with the choices of my bank account or my Visa card. Now all that happens when I choose this link is Firefox makes a familiar click and I'm right back with the amount reset to zero and my message to my friend deleted out.  I just tried this several times this morning, and the behavior is totally circular--that is it's just stuck in an endless loop and I never get to chose a payment method or get to the page where it just says send money now.  I did send a message similar to this to PayPal and will see what they may have to say about it.  Something has obviously changed on their page setup and nvda isn't catching it for me.

Thanks.

Roger

On 7/11/2016 12:16 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
Hmmm,  I could probably get you a tutorial sometime this week.  I have a support call this afternoon and my windows virtual machine is being a huge brat lately.  If no one gets to it before I do though, I'll put something up.

If NVDA doesn't have a spot for hosting such things I can do it from my new site.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf
Visit the out of work bum for your chance to win one of 10 KNFB Reader or Nearby Explorer for IOS or android!
Also check out my website for inclusion to the android platform for persons with sensery, physical or cognitive disabilities:

On Jul 11, 2016, at 9:35 AM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:

If there were any errors, nvda didn't report any.  There may be something but if the screen reader can't see it then neither can I.  I am using the latest stable nvda--2016.2.1

Roger

On 7/11/2016 9:43 AM, erik burggraaf wrote:
Roger,  It sounds as if you have the ideal setup for what you want to do.  Well that's the good news.  The bad news is it makes it harder for us to diagnose.  I think we've exhausted any compatibility issues although if for some reason you're not running the latest NVDA, you might want to hit the update button.

Then we have to get into making sure you have a valid payment method on file, and looking at other things behind the scenes.

When something goes wrong, paypal has gotten decent at letting you know.  Near the top of the page there is usually a signpost that tells you if there are errors.  If you see one of those it would be helpful if you sent  us the text of the error.

Thanks,

Erik Burggraaf
Visit the out of work bum for your chance to win one of 10 KNFB Reader or Nearby Explorer for IOS or android!
Also check out my website for inclusion to the android platform for persons with sensery, physical or cognitive disabilities:

On Jul 11, 2016, at 7:17 AM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:

I'm using Firefox and it is set as my default browser.

Roger

On 7/11/2016 7:50 AM, erik burggraaf wrote:
I don't remember Roger telling us what browser he's using but I feel I have to agree with Brian here this seems like a browser issue to me I was able to do the donation successfully using Google Chrome and voice over on the Mac and yes the boxes did come up as invalid until I finish typing in them. It would definitely be worth your while trying Firefox if you haven't already if you have tried Firefox and the same thing happens please let us know I think switching browsers is a lot more convenient than having several screen reader is on a machine or soliciting cited assistance useful as that can be sometimes

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On July 11, 2016 6:39:12 AM "Brian's Mail list account" <bglists@...> wrote:

I can say that using Firefox 46
The form works as it always did.
 I just donated 30 aus and OK the invalid input did come up as typing into
the boxes, but I suspect this is an artifact that until you finish it is
indeed wrong.
As usual had several goes at remembering the caps and  lower case in the
password, and it eventually accepted it and sent me through when I clicked
the  button or link for doing the donation.
My feeling here is that this is a browser issue if you cannot get it to
work, always try another browser. I did mention that the IE current updat is
a bit broken  as far as some accessibility is concerned, but its very very
spcific it seems as most of the time its fine.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-