Re: nvda gets stuck on something called landscape

Gene

I made a typographical error in my last message and wrote table mode instead of tablet mode in one sentence.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda gets stuck on something called landscape

But changing the screen orientation using shortcuts, which often happens inadvertently, doesn't cause this problem.  it sounds to me as though the tablet mode guess may well be correct.  I haven't looked to any extent at information, but results of a Google search seem to indicate that in table mode autorotation occurs under certain conditions.  So instructing on how to leave tablet mode may well solve the problem.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:59 PM

Yeah, I wasn’t really thinking properly yet when I wrote that last message; if you have a standard PC monitor you will probably want it to display in landscape rather than portrait, which is, I think, generally more suited for phones and such with narrow displays.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: June 27, 2019 3:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

sounds like a display issue. I would not change it as if you do your sightlings will have to turn their head sideways to see the screen properly. Have you tried hitting windows d to get to the desktop? I'm guessing now, also check for driver updates just in case?

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 27 Jun 2019, at 11:42, marvin kotler wrote:

Good afternoon listers; first, running latest version of nvda and windows 1903.  When something called landscape comes up, nvda gets stuck on the taskbar and will go nowhere else.  I have to do a hard restart of the computer when this happens.  My question is what is landscape; can I get rid of this for something else more friendly? Thanks in advance.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.