Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem With Microsoft Insiders Page For Downloading and Testing The New Edge Browser

When I first saw clickables etc way back a zillion years ago, I remember jfw saying Page changed at line x. You would then go to line x and see the change. Maybe something like that?

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 29 Jun 2019, at 20:29, Gene wrote:

I just looked at what happens when you activate the button.  a license agreement is presented at the bottom of the page, as shown by a screen-reader.  To a sighted person, the agreement might be along the right of the page, I don't know.  To a blind user, the accept and download link is the last thing on the page, below the lisence agreement.

I asked about NVDA speaking new content after an action is taken such as activating a button.  But this page illustrates the difficulty in implementing such a feature.  You probably wouldn't want the license agreement read, just the accept and agree button or maybe a senteence of the license agreement and then the button, to alert the reader that both are now present.  But that sort of detailed response might not be practical.
So how, if at all, should a screen-reader react under such circumstances?