From: Isaac
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 3:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 Mail app not speaking as I type

yeh for me as well
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 2:38 AM
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 Mail app not speaking as I type

If I hit CTRL plus N for a new message or CTRL plus R to reply to a message in the Windows 10 Mail app, NVDA says “Message edit read only” and then nothing, whether I arrow back to correct something or just keep typing. Review mode does not work either.

In a new message, it does not speak as I type the Subject, but if I go back to correct a word it does speak the subject.

Is there a trick to getting it to speak text as I type?

I have NVDA set to speak words, not characters. I think I am up to date with NVDA at version 2016.2.1 and the Mail app at version 17. Brian