Re: Contact

hi quentin.
i have this issue for awhile and even my laptop becomes unusable for
thirty minutes!
overheating my laptop, unresponsiveness of my keyboard and nvda says unknown.
its because some websites use heavy javascript, and eat system
resources that make my computer unusable!
if i disable javascript or use lite websites, i dont have this issue!
i really wish and pray that one day i see disappearing javascript from
the world of technology and internet! i really hate this terrible
technology!

Dear Ibrahim,

We've seen similar issues arise when programs have been installed or
uninstalled - not every time, but occasionally. There is a feature in NVDA
to attempt to repair this. If you can run NVDA, press NVDA+n, then T for
Tools. Then press R for "Run COM Registration fixing tool" and press ENTER
twice to run this tool. After running, and then rebooting your computer,
ideally, the problem should be fixed. Please do advise how you go with
this.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 12:16 PM Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:

Hello:
Please I want to know if the NVDA screen reader can be repaired. The
screen reader has been behaving abnormally for some time now.
It crashes unexpectedly, and some times does not make programs work.
When I am working on a website, the screen reader just stops talking,
creating problems for me, trying to figure out what might have gone
wrong. When I try to find out what the problem is by pressing alt+tab
to switch programs, all I hear is unknown or icon icon.
Now when I get frustrated and I want to shut down the computer, I am
made to understand that a number of programs are not allowing windows
to shut down.
Are there any solutions to these problems?
I use windows 7 32 bit, and I have the latest version of NVDA.
Hope my problem is well understood.
Hope to read a response.
Ibrahim.

--