locked Re: Reading past the visible screen on a CMD Window?

Ricardo Leonarczyk

Hi,

There's another method that works for CMD and PowerShell, but not for WSL Bash , which consists in:
1. Press alt+space bar to access the shell's menu or what else people call it.
2. Find the option "edit" with the arrow keys, or with short letter "e".
3. Open the menu and find the scroll option, it also have a shortcut to access, maybe "s" (my Windows language is not English).
4. Onece you've activated the scroll, the window title will change indicating scroll mode, and you can scroll the screens with page-up and page-down. Pressing control + page up or down will make NVDA not speak the prompt first, just starts the reading from the top of that screen.

Hope it helps.

Em seg, 1 de jul de 2019 às 14:12, Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs@...> escreveu:

Hello,
I don't think npm errors can be written to a file, as they happen after the application has been started. If I try:

npm start > filename.txt

only the first line of NPM output is sent to the console. Then half a second later, the error comes and my console is all taken up with the error.

Is there a way to view what NVDA has said in the last few minutes? That would also help. I think NVDA reads the output, at least the top, which is the important part.
Thanks,

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 12:18 PM Cohn, Jonathan <jcohn@...> wrote:
If you can find the scroll bar, you can probably scroll up a page and use the review cursor to examine the page. That being said, it is more efficient to work directly with either less or an editor and a log file.

The less command will allow you to use slash or question mark to search forward and backward through the file, and puts the result on the top line of the terminal window.