NVDA as a toolbox?

tvalusek@...

Hello,

I can still use my eyes, although they are very week. I don't like the fact screenreaders still speak, but turning speech on and off frequently is cumbersome. It would be nice if there was an option to turn off the kind of speech I call "automatic feedback". I don't need focus reporting, automatic active window reporting, and other such things, but I'd like to have instant spoken feedback when I invoke screenreader command involving NVDA key. It would be also nice if there was a way to set form mode as a default for web browsing.

The suggestions above are meant to enable a "toolbox mode" for NVDA, where it silently sits in background, not interfering in common computer use, but ready to speak whenever it's asked to. It would really enhance my user experience when working in Windows.

Tomas Valusek