Re: NVDA as a toolbox?

Aravind R

press insert+s to turn off and on speach

On 7/12/16, tvalusek@seznam.cz <tvalusek@seznam.cz> wrote:
Hello,

I can still use my eyes, although they are very week. I don't like the fact
screenreaders still speak, but turning speech on and off frequently is
cumbersome. It would be nice if there was an option to turn off the kind of
speech I call "automatic feedback". I don't need focus reporting, automatic
active window reporting, and other such things, but I'd like to have instant
spoken feedback when I invoke screenreader command involving NVDA key. It
would be also nice if there was a way to set form mode as a default for web
browsing.

The suggestions above are meant to enable a "toolbox mode" for NVDA, where
it silently sits in background, not interfering in common computer use, but
ready to speak whenever it's asked to. It would really enhance my user
experience when working in Windows.

Tomas Valusek

r. aravind,

Assistant manager