Re: Reading epub books with NVDA

john s

A program called Balabolka will read them and a paid program, QRead, is good too.

At 04:55 AM 7/6/2019, Andy B., wrote:
Hi,

Have you tried Edge? It opens epub files, and it works with NVDA for the most part.

From: Felix G.
Sent: Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:51 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Reading epub books with NVDA

Hi folks,
I'm looking for a convenient and easy way to read an epub book with
NVDA. With epub being just html plus metadata and some additional
content wrapped in a zip container, I feel this shouldn't be
complicated. Any helpful pointers would make my day.
I know about Calibre and converting books to docx/pdf/txt. That's not
what I mean. I'd like to be able to open an epub and start reading
without jumping through hoops.
Thanks in advance,
Felix

                 John