Re: Reading epub books with NVDA

john s

Ollie, you're welcome. I knew you could do it.

At 04:49 PM 7/6/2019, Mallard, wrote:
Hello John,

Thanks. I thought those zip files were unpacked epubs... I did rename them with the .epub extension, but then NVDDA didn't handle them correctly...

Thanks fory our tip.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 06/07/2019 13:20, john s ha scritto:
Ollie, from another list, I wanted to tell you how to handle zip files. Just navigate to the file, hit your context key and arrow to extract. Or, maybe it says extract all. By default, the files will be put in a directory under your current directory with the zip file name as the name of the directory. Go into that directory and do what you want with the files.

At 07:02 AM 7/6/2019, Mallard, wrote:

Quread is very good, but it isn't free. I had a very negative experience with Balabolka years ago, because the books were not parsed correctly.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 06/07/2019 12:03, john s ha scritto:
A program called Balabolka will read them and a paid program, QRead, is good too.

At 04:55 AM 7/6/2019, Andy B., wrote:
Hi,

Have you tried Edge? It opens epub files, and it works with NVDA for the most part.