Re: Reading epub books with NVDA

Tyler Spivey

I don't consider Balabolka an accessible epub reader.
NVDA uses the display model for its edit field, so say all doesn't work. Say all is one of the most important things you can have in a reader.

On 7/7/2019 6:23 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi David,
if you have installed some voices, you can select , what you want use in Balabolka.
Reading you can start with the key F5 and stop reading with Key F7.
Youcan save Balabolka in the options.
Jarek
Jarek
Dne 06.07.2019 v 23:31 David Griffith napsal(a):

Hello

I have tried Balabolka with NVDA.

It seems that it is designed to be used with TTS speech engines rather than with NVDA feedback for speech. Say all does not work for example.

I found it worked best with NVDA muted, with sound re-enabled for navigating program controls.

It does work well with some of my IIvona voices for reading.

The one baffling thing is that I cannot seem to retain TTS speech settings after closing Balabolka. So every time I start the app it reverts to Microsoft Hazel and I have to reset all the settings for my Ivona voice.

Does anybody know how to save TTS speech settings in as default in Balabolka? Pressing default in settings simply reverts the TTS settings to thedefault for that voice in terms of rate and pitch etc.

David Griffith