Re: NVDA as a toolbox?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Tomas,

You can keep NVDA running and turn off many of the features you don't wish to hear by using the keystrokes NVDA +5, NVDA + 6 and NVDA + 7 which toggle on and off dynamic changes, and changes due to review and focus changes. Try those keystrokes and see if you get significantly less vocal feedback.

On 7/12/2016 2:31 AM, tvalusek@seznam.cz wrote:
Hello,

I can still use my eyes, although they are very week. I don't like the fact screenreaders still speak, but turning speech on and off frequently is cumbersome. It would be nice if there was an option to turn off the kind of speech I call "automatic feedback". I don't need focus reporting, automatic active window reporting, and other such things, but I'd like to have instant spoken feedback when I invoke screenreader command involving NVDA key. It would be also nice if there was a way to set form mode as a default for web browsing.

The suggestions above are meant to enable a "toolbox mode" for NVDA, where it silently sits in background, not interfering in common computer use, but ready to speak whenever it's asked to. It would really enhance my user experience when working in Windows.

Tomas Valusek
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"