Re: NVDA as a toolbox?

Gene

I'm not sure just what kind of command you have in mind nor just what speech you want available and not.  There are many screen-review commands that don't use the NVDA key such as read current line.  Rather that stipulate a single key as determining when feedback is given, it might be far more useful to explain just how and in what kinds of specific cases you want feed back.

I don't know if implementing your suggestions is practical but you might get better comments with more explanation.

Also, you don't talk about if or when you use a magnifier.  Perhaps for some or most of your uses, a good magnifier program might meet your needs better than a screen-reader.

Asking for suggestions and recommendations might yield better help with your needs.

Gene