Re: NVDA as a toolbox?

tvalusek@...

Hello,

One reason why no screenreader is running on my computer is it gets in my way when I'm using it. I use my machine visually, but I'd just like from time to time have the longer contents of a dialog box read aloud, ask which window is currently active if I get a beep instead of expected action to be done after switching from on desktop to another, and other powerful tricks a screenreader can do. When I tried to have NVDA launched in background, I got unexpected behavior when I switched to a browser window, since the browsing mode took away single letter commands I'm using to navigate feedly, Google+ and other such sites. That's why I want an option to have a from mode as a default when coming to a browser window. Remember, I use my eyes, not my ears to routinely navigate apps, but I'd like to make my life more comfortable by employing some screenreader features.

What seems to be an easiest way to achieve what I want? To create an AutoHotkey or AutoIt script which would catch NVDA-specific combos and switch speech and form mode as needed. But I'd still appreciate appropriate options in NVDA.

Tomas Valusek