Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA as a toolbox?
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 6:59 AM

Hello,
One reason why no screenreader is
running on my computer is it gets in my way when I'm
using it. I use my machine visually, but I'd just like
from time to time have the longer contents of a dialog box
read aloud, ask which window is currently active if I get a
beep instead of expected action to be done after switching
from on desktop to another, and other powerful tricks a
screenreader can do. When I tried to have NVDA launched in
background, I got unexpected behavior when I switched to a
browser window, since the browsing mode took away single
letter commands I'm using to navigate feedly, Google+
and other such sites. That's why I want an option to
have a from mode as a default when coming to a browser
window. Remember, I use my eyes, not my ears to routinely
navigate apps, but I'd like to make my life more
comfortable by employing some screenreader
features.
What seems to be an
easiest way to achieve what I want? To create an AutoHotkey
or AutoIt script which would catch NVDA-specific combos and
switch speech and form mode as needed. But I'd still
appreciate appropriate options in NVDA.
Tomas Valusek