Re: Proposal for a new braille feature

Erik Burggraaf <erik@...>

Hi I just did some research on this and I found out that alt + F7 goes to the next misspelled word in Microsoft Office applications.  so if your cursor is blinking to show you which letter you are on with your Braille display than the first letter of the misspelled word should half the blinking cursor.  please let us know if this works for you at least as a temporary workaround. if it's actually effective then the developers may not want to implement the feature the same as it would have been in Jaws or supernova

Hope this helps,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On July 12, 2016 4:16:20 PM "Webmaster Deweer" <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to propose a new feature for the braille output in NVDA.

In many other screenreaders, you can view miss spelled words (and bad grammar) in braille with a line of dots 7 and 8, well or not blinking. By example: in Jaws I can activate a feature that helps in MS Office to show spelling and grammar mistakes with a constant line of dots seven and eight. In Supernova I can do the same, but there the line blinks.

Is it possible to add a feature as described above in NVDA 2016.3 or in a newer version?

I cannot program in Python 2.7, or not good enough in Python 3.5, so I can’t help, but I will help if I can!

Hope someone’ll add this proposal to GitHub!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Jordy Deweer.