Re: Editing a Cell in Microsoft Excel

Ed Marquette

Thank you.  I will know now to check the message archives.  The suggested solution, though the most counterintuitive I have ever experienced, worked like a charm.
Who would have thought that disabling the editing of cells would, in fact, enable the editing of cells with a screen reader.  As I noted in my first message, the problem affected JAWS and NVDA in exactly the same way .
I was fearing that the problem stemmed from our overly-paranoid security conscious IT department. We have so many things locked down that just working is sometimes hard.
Again, however, thank you.  I am sending this message, not just to say thank you (those tend to clutter list serves, but to let others know that the prescribed fix, which actually seems silly and counterintuitive, really works.
I am surprised it is not more widely published.

On Jul 13, 2019, at 4:14 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

See:
nvda not reading letters in excel cell when using f2 to edit the cell contents

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide