Re: Problem about NVDA control and arrow keys

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marcio,

NVDA+control+left and right is correct to move through the synth settings ring if NVDA is set to desktop keyboard layout.  If set to laptop keyboard layout, then your command of NVDA+control+shift+arrows is correct.

Re your issue, the only thing I can think of is your right arrow perhaps serving a dual function and you need to press Fn or something to make it work normally?  Can you press right arrow otherwise?  Trying it myself here, I can move in both directions around the synth setting ring in both desktop and laptop keyboard layouts.

If you turn on input help (NVDA+1) and then press the keystroke, what does NVDA report? (NVDA+1 again to turn input help off).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:26 AM Marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Surendra,
when I press nvd a key + control + right and left arrow I can't able to configure rate volume options
Actually, the command is Control+Shift+NVDA+Right/Left arrows to move through the options and Control+Shit+NVDA+Up/Down arrows to configure the option you've selected.

Hope this helps :)

On a related note, I just discovered something curious.
Here, Control+Shift+NVDA+Left arrow works like a charm. However, the same isn't true for the command using the right arrow. In fact, the problem seems to be with the combo Control+Insert+Right arrow.
Can anyone tell me why that is happening? Would my keyboard not be capable of processing this combo at once?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.