Re: accessible e-book creation?

Sarah k Alawami

I guess you can also use pandoc. And latex to write the book. There are tons of stuff on google and manuals, well written ones so learn at your own pace.

Good luck n your book.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 15 Jul 2019, at 1:20, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Hmmm, well that may be the subject for the blind vms cast.

Now, I have just a little load of things to do next week, but if you guys are interested, either shove this to chat or email me off list and I will look at it.

I do have linux in vmware, but I guess you will want to have something we can view in the windows os first.

Where would I go to get a look at tools and have anyone actually tried any, it could be a good project.

Again, if you are interested, email me and maybe I can add this to some sort of support thing on the cast, thats the 3rd message on this topic, so there is interest, and now I have a platform to post it.

On 15/07/2019 6:58 PM, Sean Murphy wrote:

If you are writing a book, you require an EPub author tool. On windows I am not aware of any accessible products. It is important to keep your chapters in separate files to make the table of contents work effectively.

I would suggest looking at the DASY foundation site.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel Wolak
Sent: Monday, 15 July 2019 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] accessible e-book creation?

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a program that will allow me to create epub books that's accessible with nvda. Ideally, I would like to be able to import and use a collection of html files as chapters, although this isn't 100% required. Would appreciate any pointers on any accessible options for this that folks have found.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.