Re: Using both NVDA and JAWS

Hi
Both Jaws and NVDA do have command for calling via the run dialog so we just remember its command, and type exactly. Other member has told this
For installed version of NVDA:
nvda
Start NVDA normaly
nvda -r
restart NVDA
nvda -q
Quit NVDA
Jawsxxxx (where xxxx your Jaws version): start Jaws

On 7/16/2019 12:06 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Why not put a shortcut and call it jfw into c:\windows\system32 then just from the run dialogue when you want to want to start nvda type nvda.

I do this with a lot of programs and shortcuts I use on windows and it makes my workflow much faster.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 15 Jul 2019, at 21:15, JM Casey wrote:

The assigning of the hotkey is not automatic,. And I had thought the startup wizard allowed an opportunity to set one, but I just checked, and it doesn’t, so you would have to do it the traditional way.

Just my opinion of course, but hitting j several times until you (hopefully) get to the right programme seems a bit tenuous and too much like guesswork, to me. Much easier to just invoke the run box and type in the name of the jaws version you have installed and want to run. By now I’m probably going to start attaining the nickname Mr. Run-box around here. *grins*