Re: dropbox

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

Thanks for reporting.  I was rather desperate when I found out I couldn't open my Dropbox folder that easily.  The dropbox window isn't that accessible IMO with NVDA, no matter the installed addons.

I reported the issue to Dropbox directly.  Although no answer was sent at this date (that is 10 hours later or so), I find my Dropbox opening normally this morning (though I followed your set of steps).  Again, the preference dialog isn't that accessible with NVDA, though we can manage this modification since it's in the general tab.  I reported my "partial success" to the Dropbox team, asking if possibly accessibility with NVDA and other screen readers could be more tested before features are released.  I do hope for a positive feedback.

Thanks again,

Vincent

On 7/18/2019 4:40 AM, Arlene wrote:

Hi friends:  If your dropbox suddenly looks weird. Here’s how to fix it if you need to

Howdy All,

I just ran into an issue with Dropbox where it wouldn't let me acces my files.  Well, it turned out that it wanted to update and after downloading the

installer and reinstalling Dropbox navigating the folders flat out sucked, so here's how to change the necessary setting for easier navigation.

1. Open Dropbox from the system tray, tab to, Access and Manage your Dropbox settings button, and press enter.

2. Now tab to, Preferences, and press enter.

3. On the General tab, tab to the, Open folders in Dropbox combobox, open this combobox and choose the, Explorer, option.  With Jaws you can open this

combobox with Alt + down arrow and then up arrow to the Explorer option and press enter to close the combobox.  Now tab to, Okay, and press enter to save

and close preferences.

Note:  This can act a little tricky so it might take a couple of attempts to get the Explorer settings change to stick.

If you have a shortcut key that opens Dropbox options, after you openDropbox up arrow to, Preferences, press enter and follow step 3 from above.

Take care.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10