Re: Problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hi Sam,

Please see below Cyrille her comments and ask.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cyrille via Groups.Io
Sent: Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019 15:01
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] Test release - OutlookExtended V1.3-dev-20190718-fixOffice365IDsChange

Hello all

Here is a release trying to fix the issue with headers in new Office 365 versions.

Download link:
https://github.com/CyrilleB79/outlookExtended/releases/download/V1.3-dev-20190718-fixOffice365IDsChange/outlookExtended-1.3-dev-20190718.nvda-addon

@Joseph, Noelia, admins:
Could you update download link for dev version on the website?

@Users experimenting issue reading the headers with recent Office 365 version:
Could you perform some or all of the following tests with tis new addon version and the log level set to "DEBUG"?
1. Open a message to read, e.g. from Inbox:
 1a. Try to read headers with Alt+1 to Alt+6
 1b. By pressing Shift+Tab, you may reach a button to expand or reduce the headers. Press it to change the headers state from expanded to collapsed or vice versa and try to read the headers again.
 1c. If you have the opportunity to have signed messages, try to read "Signed by" field by pressing Alt+7, either with headers ewpanded and collapsed.
2. Open a new message (in edition) and fill in the "To", "Cc" and "Bcc" fields
Try to read all the fields with Alt+1 to Alt+6
3. Open NVDA's log with NVDA+F1, save it in a file with Ctrl+S and send it to me. Any comment telling me which test was performed and which works or not is welcomed.
Note: Do not perform these test using confidential e-mails since the headers contents will be logged.

@Ralf:
Could you forward these test instructions to thoses who reported the bug to you?

Thanks.
Cheers,

Cyrille

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sam Bushman
Sent: Montag, 15. Juli 2019 00:46
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2

Ok, I can wait.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralf Kefferpuetz
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2019 12:12 PM
Cc: 'Cyrille via Groups.Io' <cyrille.bougot2@...>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2

Sam,

The fastest way would be to go to the 64bit version of Office 365 as long you have a 64bit Windows.

But don’t forget that you would have to uninstall and re-install Office and that would lead to loosing your Outlook settings.

I wrote Cyrille a message about the problem, She is taking care about the current addon. I’m going to find a solution together with her to get this solved.

I can offer you my older addon outlook enhanced in the meantime, I modified it so that it  works with the new control-ID’s.

Cheers,

Ralf

Sent: Sonntag, 14. Juli 2019 16:02

Hi Ralf,

Yes, you are correct. Is it better for me to wait until the fix – or better for me to upgrade to the 64bit version?

I would be grateful for your recommendation.

Thanks,

Sam

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralf Kefferpuetz
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2019 1:59 AM

Hello,

I’m one of the co-authors of this addon. Am I right that you are using office365 32bit version?

We discovered a problem that Microsoft changed some control-ID’s in the 32bit versions of Outlook and that’s why the Alt-numkeys aren’t working anymore.

I’m sure that a future update of the addon will handle this issue.

Best,

Ralf

Sent: Sonntag, 14. Juli 2019 05:34
Subject: [nvda] Problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2

Hi All,

I am having a problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2 plugin.

I am running NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) Version: beta-18028,e579eb02

However same issue with the latest official release of NVDA as well.

When I press shift-nvda-I or shift-nvda-a the commands work perfectly.

But, when I press alt-1-9 I just get the message (Not in a message window).

This is when I am in a message.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.